Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Lite Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Lite Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Lite Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Methods To Live Green And also Spend less Money In The Kitchen.
It was not that long ago that hippies and tree huggers were the only ones to show concern regarding the well-being of the environment. That has fully changed now, since we all apparently have an awareness that the planet is having difficulties, and we all have a part to play in fixing it. Unless everyone begins to start living more eco-friendly we won’t be able to fix the problems of the environment. Each and every family ought to start generating changes that are environmentally friendly and they should do this soon. Read on for some ways to go green and save energy, mainly in the kitchen.
Start with changing the bulbs. Of course you shouldn’t confine this to only the kitchen area. You need to change your incandescent lights along with energy-saver, compact fluorescent light bulbs. They cost a little bit more at first, but they last ten times longer, and use a lesser amount of electricity. Using these types of longer-lasting lightbulbs has the benefit that many fewer lightbulbs make it into landfills. Coupled with different light bulbs, you have to learn to leave the lights off when they are not needed. The kitchen lights specifically are often left on all day long, just because the family tends to spend a lot of time there. This also takes place in the rest of the house, but we have been trying to save money in the kitchen. Do an exercise if you like; check out how much electricity you can save by turning the lights off when you don’t need them.
As you can see, there are many little things that you can do to save energy, and also save money, in the kitchen alone. Eco-friendly living just isn’t that tough. It’s related to being practical, most of the time.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to lite chicken tortilla soup recipe. To make lite chicken tortilla soup you only need 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Lite Chicken Tortilla Soup:
- Use 1 of Rotisserie Chicken shredded… I discarded the skin.
- Provide 28 oz of crushed tomatoes (1 large can).
- Prepare 2 of 10 ounce cans of enchilada sauce.
- You need 2 of medium onions chopped or 2 teaspoons onion powder.
- Get 8 oz of chopped green chilies.
- Provide 2 of cloves minced garlic.
- You need 2 of 14.5 ounce cans of chicken broth.
- Prepare 2 tsp of ground cumin.
- Get 2 tsp of chili powder.
- Use 2 tsp of salt.
- Take 1/2 tsp of ground black pepper.
- You need 2 of bay leaves.
- Prepare 20 oz of frozen corn.
- You need 2 tbsp of chopped cilantro.
- Use 1 of Optional Garnishes- avocado, shredded cheese, sour cream, lime, and tortilla chips (broken into pieces).
Instructions to make Lite Chicken Tortilla Soup:
- Add all ingredients to slow cooker and stir..
- Cool on low 6 to 8 hours or on high 3 to 4 hours..
- Taste soup about an hour before done and if it tastes too strong add water and continue cooking..
- Garnish as desired..
Ladle soup into bowls; top with tortilla chips and sour cream. Light & Healthy Chicken Tortilla Soup. Creamy Chicken Tortilla Soup Soup season is in full swing and this chicken tortilla soup deserves a spot on your menu. If you're a fan of silky, smooth, and thick soups, such as Roasted Tomato Basil Soup then you're going to love this one. It comes together fairly easy and makes the coziest bowl of soup.
If you find this Lite Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.
Originally posted 2021-01-22 02:47:55.