Mini Chicken and Waffles. Mini chicken and waffles are excellent as a passed hors d'oeuvre, party appetizer, or a fun brunch buffet item. As a twist on the well-loved American dish of fried chicken served on top of a stack of waffles and flavored with hot sauce and maple syrup, this recipe is designed to satisfy comfort food. Mini waffles are paired with maple honey butter and topped with pieces of fried chicken for an appetizer sure to be a hit for all ages.
Make the Waffles: While the oil heats, make the waffles. Anytime is a good time for this delicious take on a classic! While chicken bakes, prepare waffles by mixing the flour, baking powder and sugar in a large bowl. You can have Mini Chicken and Waffles using 10 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mini Chicken and Waffles
- Prepare 2 of chicken breasts.
- It’s 8 of mini Eggo waffle sheets (32 mini waffles).
- It’s 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of milk.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of flour.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1 tbsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 1 of Canola or peanut oil.
- Prepare 1 of Syrup.
Mix in eggs, vanilla, milks and oil. Pour about one-half cup of the batter into a Belgium waffle maker. Close and cook for about four minutes on each side or until. The chicken in chicken and waffles is traditionally fried so it isn't a huge leap for them to assume.
Mini Chicken and Waffles step by step
- Cut chicken breasts into bite size pieces..
- In large Ziploc bag, combine eggs and milk..
- Place chicken in egg mixture and seal bag. Place in refrigerator for an hour..
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt, and pepper in a separate large Ziploc bag..
- Take chicken out of egg mixture and place directly into bag with the flour mixture..
- Shake to thoroughly cover all chicken..
- Heat about an inch of oil in pan over medium to medium-high heat. Place chicken in pan and fry (about 5 minutes) turning often..
- Place waffles in oven at 400° for 5 minutes..
- Place a chicken nugget over each mini waffle and drizzle syrup!.
I saw this and immediately thought, "I'd rather make mini-pancakes with flattened chicken slider patties", because it doesn't take a waffle iron or toothpicks to make and the end result would actually favor. Mini Chicken and Waffles caught my attention in Southern Living in the holiday party starter section, where they turned classic Southern dishes into our party bites for New Year's. Of course you can make Buttermilk Chicken and Waffles with Peach-Horseradish Maple Syrup, but after all the hustle. Then follow the directions to make your own version of this blue ribbon winner. To make waffles: In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, crushed Ritz crackers, sugar, and salt in a medium bowl; set aside.