Sugar Cookies. Read Customer Reviews & Find Best Sellers. Great Tasting Cookie Recipes for All to Enjoy. Baking Cookies with Almond Breeze is Easy & Delicious.
This recipe can easily be made into snickerdoodle cookies by rolling the dough in cinnamon-sugar before baking. Fill the cookie jar with sugar cookies for an old-fashioned favorite that never goes out of style. This collection of sugar cookie recipes includes the best-of-the-best batches. You can have Sugar Cookies using 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sugar Cookies
- Prepare 1 of Egg.
- You need 2 tsp of Baking powder.
- You need 3 cup of Flour.
- It’s 1 cup of Sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of Vanilla extract.
- You need 1 cup of Butter.
Cream butter, shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and baking soda; gradually beat into creamed mixture. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt and set aside. In another large bowl, beat butter and sugar until fluffy and pale in color.
Sugar Cookies step by step
- Cream butter and sugar together.
- Mix in the egg.
- Mix in the baking powder and vanilla.
- Mix in the flour one cup at a time.
- Bake at 350°F for 6-8 minutes depending on size.
- For homemade frosting. Mix one cup of confectioner sugar, 1/4 cup of butter, a slash of vanilla in a ziploc bag. Use your hands to smash together. Add food coloring to make it different colors..
Sugar cookies are a buttery classic that make a delicious anytime treat. Enjoy your sugar cookies plain, or decorate them with icing to make them festive. This recipe is a favorite of Martha's, who likes to add one tablespoon cognac alongside the egg and vanilla, after creaming together the butter and sugar. Her daughter, Esther Davis, shared the recipe with me and she came up with all the exact measurements, since the original cookies were mixed by feel and taste. Lightly flouring the work suface is key to rolling out sugar cookies but another way to roll the dough is between two sheets of waxed paper or baking parchment paper.