Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Confit duck leg recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Confit duck leg recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Basics of Being Healthy.
We all realize that, in order to really be healthful, nutritious and balanced diets are important as are good amounts of exercise. Sadly, we do not always have the time or the power that this type of lifestyle involves. At the end of the day, the majority of us want to go home, not to the gym. We want a tasty, greasy burger, not an equally delightful salad (unless we’re vegetarians). You will be delighted to discover that getting healthy doesn’t have to be hard. If you keep at it, you’ll get all of the required foods and activites. Here are some of the best techniques to be healthy and balanced.
Drink water, not alternative drinks. Soda and coffee, when ingested in moderation, aren’t that bad. Getting all your hydration from them is a awful idea. Choosing water as opposed to other beverage adds to your body’s health and allows it stay hydrated. You’re also cutting hundreds of calories from your diet— without having to be forced to eat terrible tasting diet food. Water is often one of the keys to successful weight-loss and healthfulness.
There are lots of things you can do to become healthy. An costly gym membership and very restrictive diets are not the only way to do it. You can do tiny things each day to improve upon your health and lose weight. Being intelligent when you choose your food and actions is where it begins. Getting as much physical exercise as you possibly can is another factor. Remember: being healthy isn’t just about reducing your weight. You really want your body to be strong too.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to confit duck leg recipe. To make confit duck leg you need 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to cook Confit duck leg:
- Get 2 of x duck legs.
- Get 1 tin of duck or goose fat or lard.
- Get 1/2 of bulb garlic.
- Use of optional aromatics.
- You need of whole spices cardoon – star anise – cloves and juniper.
- Take of hardy herbs like bay – rosemary – thyme and sage.
Instructions to make Confit duck leg:
- In my video I prepare a whole duck but assuming you have just the legs, it is a good idea to trim some excess skin off if it has any, you will add this to the pot when you cook to extract its fat. Then I like to score around the end of the drumstick, pull the skin tight and then about 1 inch from the tip cut to the bone all the way around, this cuts through tendons which speeds up cooking but also aids presentation..
- The first image here hopefully explains the cutting through tendons, then prepare the dry rub, in this case a mix of spices garlic and hers which I break down in my pestle and mortar. Don't stress if you don't have one just use a knife for the garlic and herbs and the bottom of a sauce pan for the spices. We're not making dust here just breaking them down..
- Add salt and pepper to the rub, then rub in into the exposed meat but also the skin side of the duck, for this video I also confit the wings so you see them in the last image where I cover with cling film and leave to marinade for up to 24 hours in the fridge. Doesn't have to be 24hrs 6 – 8 will have an effect.
- Rinse off the rub with cold water and pat dry with a clean kitchen towel or paper, select an oven dish large enough to fit the duck but not so large that you need more duck fat to cover it, cover this with baking parchment to protect.
- Cover again with tin foil and squeeze the edges nice and tight, cook for 4 hours at 150c / 300f or until the meat is tender. Keep the remaining fat in a tub in your fridge for the next time you make confit duck or for your next batch of roast potatoes, it keeps for months..
- To test for tenderness very carefully tease at the thigh bone with tongs, gently twist this way and that and if ready the bone with come away without any force. You can serve immediately or even chill in the fridge and re-heat the next day, when you re-heat they will brown up beautifully but you may want to cover them with foil again. As usual here is a link to my videohttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNRNhpFaZSA&t=2s.
Fried potatoes, bulldogs, toast, kissing—you name it, and the French have perfected it. Save to list + Check stock in our stores. Disclaimer: Woolworths provides general product information such as nutritional information, country of origin and product packaging for your convenience. This information is intended as a guide only, including because products change from time to time. Focus on the skin that covers fat.
If you find this Confit duck leg recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.
Originally posted 2021-01-17 15:25:47.