Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Sabudana Khichdi recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Sabudana Khichdi recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Sabudana Khichdi recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Simple Ways to Be Healthy.
We all know that, in order to really be healthy, nutritious and balanced meal plans are important as are good amounts of exercise. Sadly, there isn’t often enough time or energy for us to really do the things we want to do. When our work day is finished, most people do not wish to go to the gym. A hot, grease laden burger is usually our food of choice and not a leafy green salad (unless we are vegetarians). You will be happy to discover that achieving good health doesn’t have to be hard. With practice you can get all of the nutritional requirements and the exercise that you need. Here are some basic ways to get healthful.
Select water over other products. Soda and coffee, when consumed in moderation, aren’t that bad. Using them for your only source of hydration, conversely, is dumb. Drinking water instead of other forms of drinks is a good way to aid your body in its health and hydration. This also helps you lower your caloric intake by hundreds of points without having to buy and eat terrible diet foods. Water is often one of the keys to successful weight reduction and healthfulness.
There are a lot of things that contribute to your getting healthy. Intensive gym visits and directly defined diets are not always the answer. You can do little things every day to improve upon your health and lose weight. Being intelligent when you choose your food and routines is where it begins. Getting as much physical exercise as possible is another factor. Don’t forget that health isn’t only about just how much you weigh. It’s about making your body as strong as it can be.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to sabudana khichdi recipe. To make sabudana khichdi you only need 10 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Sabudana Khichdi:
- Provide 3 cup of Sabudana (Tapioca balls)…… unsoaked.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of Crushed roasted peanuts.
- Prepare 3 of Potatoes (boiled and cubed).
- You need of For the tempering :.
- Prepare 6 tbs of Homemade ghee (clarified butter).
- Take 2 1/2 tsp of Cumin seeds.
- Prepare 1 sprig of Curry leaves (8-10 leaves).
- Take 6 of Green chillies (slit lengthwise) – to be adjusted as per taste.
- Take 6 tsp of Sugar ……to be adjusted as per preference.
- You need to taste of Salt.
Steps to make Sabudana Khichdi:
- To begin making the sabudana khichdi, first sieve the sabudana well to remove any tiny bits of sabudana. This will help preventing the khichdi from becoming sticky after cooking..
- Wash the sabudana thoroughly and soak in sufficient water for about 3 hours. The water level for soaking should be upto the level of the sabudana..
- After about an hour or so shuffle the sabudana so that all sabudana gets properly soaked and not just that the bottom layer is properly soaked..
- After 3 hrs, if you find that the sabudana aren’t soft enough, just sprinkle some water over it and shuffle it again and keep aside. Repeat this if necessary..
- In case you are planning to prepare the khichdi early morning, then the soaked and fully fluffed sabudana can be refrigerated overnight..
- After soaking the sabudana will almost double in quantity, if the sabudana used is of good quality..
- In a pan, heat the ghee and add the cumin seeds. When they splutter add the rest of the tempering ingredients..
- Add the chopped boiled potatoes and saute for a while.
- Now add the soaked sabudana, sugar and salt to taste. Mix well and cook covered with a lid on low flame for a few minutes stirring occasionally..
- Uncover and add the crushed roasted peanuts when the sabudana are half cooked and mix well. Check seasoning and sweetness..
- Add more ghee if desired. To reduce the use of ghee at this stage, sprinkle some milk over the khichdi and stir..
- Cover and cook again till the sabudana are cooked and soft..
- Serve this delicious Sabudana Khichdi for breakfast or for fasting with a squeeze of lemon if desired, alongwith some fresh sweetened curds!.
Popular during fasts, it's also well known as Sabudana Khichdi faraal food. Sabudana Khichdi is often made during the fasting season in India. It's usually flavored with peanuts, chilies, cumin and curry leaves. This khichdi doesn't use a lot of spices and that's because it's often made during the fasting season and a lot of spices are prohibited to be eaten during that time. Sabudana Khichdi Is Your New Favorite Comfort Food Sabudana khichdi, with tapioca, peanuts, potatoes and spices.
If you find this Sabudana Khichdi recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.
Originally posted 2021-01-08 12:06:50.