Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Lemon Meringue Pie recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Lemon Meringue Pie recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Foods That Can Make Your Mood Better.
Most of us believe that comfort foods are terrible for us and that we ought to keep away from them. Often, if your comfort food is a high sugar food or some other junk food, this holds true. Other times, though, comfort foods can be totally nutritious and it’s good for you to eat them. A number of foods really do elevate your mood when you consume them. When you are feeling a little down and are in need of an emotional pick-me-up, test out a few of these.
Build a trail mix out of seeds and/or nuts. Almonds, cashews, peanuts, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, etcetera are all helpful for improving your mood. This is because these foods are rich in magnesium, which helps to increase your production of serotonin. Serotonin is a feel-good chemical that dictates to the brain how to feel at any given point in time. The more you have of it, the more pleasant you will feel. Not only that but nuts, specifically, are a terrific protein food source.
See, you don’t need to stuff your face with junk food when you are wanting to feel better! Try a couple of of these hints instead.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to lemon meringue pie recipe. To make lemon meringue pie you only need 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to cook Lemon Meringue Pie:
- Get of white sugar.
- Prepare of all-purpose flour.
- Get of cornstarch.
- Get of salt.
- Prepare of water.
- Provide of lemons, juiced and zested.
- You need of butter.
- Take of egg yolks, beaten.
- Take of (9-in) pie crust, baked.
- Get of egg whites.
- Use of white sugar.
Instructions to make Lemon Meringue Pie:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Make lemon filling: in a medium saucepan, whisk together 1 cup sugar, flour, cornstarch, and salt. Stir in water, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until mixture comes to a boil..
- Stir in butter. Place egg yolks in a small bowl and gradually whisk in 1/2 of the hot sugar mixture. Whisk egg yolk mixture back into remaining sugar mixture. Bring to a boil and continue to cook while stirring constantly until thick. Remove from heat, pour mixture into baked pie shell..
- Make Meringue: in a large glass or metal bowl, whip egg whites until foamy. Add 6 TBS sugar gradually, and continue to whip until stiff peaks form. Spread meringue over pie, sealing the edges at the crust..
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes, or until meringue is golden brown. Allow to cool. Store covered in refrigerator..
If you find this Lemon Meringue Pie recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.