Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Gyro Burgers recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Gyro Burgers recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Green Living In The Cooking area Will Save You Dollars.
It was certainly not that long ago that hippies and tree huggers were the only ones to show concern concerning the well-being of the surroundings. That’s a thing of the past now, with everybody being aware of the problems besetting the planet and the shared burden we have for turning things around. The experts are agreed that we cannot transform things for the better without everyone’s active contribution. This should happen soon and living in methods more friendly to the environment should become a mission for every individual family. Read on for some methods to go green and save energy, mainly in the kitchen.
While it may not taste as good, cooking food in the microwave rather than in the oven will save you a packet of money. Possibly the realization that an oven makes use of 75% more energy will stimulate you to use the microwave more. Countertop appliances will boil water or even steam vegetables more rapidly than your stove, and use a lot less electricity. Many people wrongly believe that doing the dishes by hand uses less energy than a dishwasher. You get the maximum energy savings by totally loading the dishwasher ahead of commencing a wash cycle. Preserve even more money by air drying and also cool drying your dishes as an alternative to heat drying them.
The kitchen by itself gives you many small ways by which energy and money can be saved. It is pretty easy to live green, of course. It’s concerning being sensible, more often than not.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to gyro burgers recipe. You can have gyro burgers using 20 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make Gyro Burgers:
- Take of ground lamb.
- Get of ground chuck.
- You need of flat buns or pita pockets.
- Use of tzatziki sauce ( more or less depends on how much u put on it).
- Prepare of tomato ( thin sliced).
- Provide of white onion (thin sliced).
- Provide of seasoning for meat:.
- Provide of season salt.
- You need of brown sugar.
- Take of dried oregano.
- Prepare of dried parsley.
- Take of dried mint.
- Prepare of dried rosemary.
- You need of garlic powder.
- Use of onion powder.
- You need of dried tyme.
- You need of ground black pepper.
- Take of minced garlic.
- Use of lemon pepper.
- Take of ground marjoram.
Steps to make Gyro Burgers:
- In a large bowl mix meats and all seasonings well with hands. Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour..
- Heat grill, skillet or griddle..
- Make 10 nice big round patties. Like u normally would for burgers..
- (This is where I freeze any I won't need to make this evening) I also place a small hole in center of patty to help with puffing and shrinkage. About a small pinky size hole.).
- Cook burgers like u normally would. Leaving a tad pink in center but at a safe temp..
- Set burgers on a paper towel lined plate to remove excess grease (if u want to ).
- Warm pitas or flat buns for a few second in microwave..
- Assemble burgers by spreading some tzatziki sauce on each half of flatbuns..
- Place burger on one side..
- Place tomato and onion on top..
- Place other bun sauce side down..
- Serve hot and enjoy! :).
- Makes about 10 burgers depending on the size u make them..
- U can add other condiments on your burger, its also good with ketchup and pickles. :).
- Thanks given to bbqtvtv.com for his greek rub I used for this, also for taylor68too for her addition to the seasonings I used. And to skunkmonkey for the tzatziki sauce recipe I used for this. :).
If you find this Gyro Burgers recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.