Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Red Lentil with Ham Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Red Lentil with Ham Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Foods That Can Make You Happy.
For the most part, people have been taught to believe that “comfort” foods are not good for the body and must be avoided. Often, if the comfort food is a high sugar food or another junk food, this holds true. Other times, however, comfort foods can be totally nutritious and it’s good for you to consume them. A number of foods really do raise your mood when you eat them. If you seem to feel a little bit down and you’re in need of a happiness pick me up, try a couple of these.
If you wish to battle depression, you should eat some cold water fish. Cold water fish including tuna, trout and wild salmon are rich in DHA and omega-3 fatty acids. DHA and omega-3s are two things that actually help the grey matter in your brain work a lot better. It’s the truth: eating tuna fish sandwiches can truly help you fight your depression.
You can see, you don’t need to eat junk food or foods that are not good for you just so to feel better! Try a few of these hints instead.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to red lentil with ham soup recipe. To make red lentil with ham soup you need 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to cook Red Lentil with Ham Soup:
- Take of ham stock, home-made.
- You need of ham stock cube.
- Prepare of red lentils.
- Provide of carrots, diced small.
- Get of red onion, chopped small.
- Use of onion, chopped small.
- Use of garlic, chopped small.
- Get of cooked gammon, diced.
- Prepare of Ground black pepper.
Steps to make Red Lentil with Ham Soup:
- Put all the ingredients except the pepper into a saucepan and bring to the boil, stirring to avoid sticking. Reduce heat and simmer for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally..
- Taste and season with pepper as wished. Do not add salt..
- Whizz in a blender to desired consistency or leave as is, as preferred..
- Serve piping hot with granary bread or crusty roll..
Keywords: lentil soup, middle eastern lentil soup, red lentil soup, red lentil soup recipe, turmeric lentil soup. Made the recipe as described, only change was adding a ham hock because my husband is a reluctant 'vegan'. I wasn't sure how smoked ham would meld with the Eastern spices. This hearty winter soup is made with red lentils, veggies and a ham bone (hock). It's flavour secret is using the water the ham was cooked in as stock.
If you find this Red Lentil with Ham Soup recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.
Originally posted 2021-07-20 20:32:04.