Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, if you’re looking for Vegan coconut lentil soup recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Vegan coconut lentil soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Vegan coconut lentil soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Information on How to Boost Your Mood with Food.
A lot of us believe that comfort foods are bad for us and that we need to avoid them. At times, if your comfort food is a sugary food or some other junk food, this holds true. Otherwise, comfort foods can be extremely healthy and good for you. There are some foods that actually can raise your moods when you eat them. If you are feeling a little bit down and in need of an emotional pick me up, try some of these.
Build a trail mix from seeds and/or nuts. Your mood can be raised by eating peanuts, almonds, cashews, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, etcetera. This is because seeds and nuts have a lot of magnesium which raises your brain’s serotonin levels. Serotonin is the “feel good” chemical that directs your brain how you feel all the time. The more of it in your brain, the more pleasant you’ll feel. Not only that but nuts, in particular, are a fantastic protein food source.
Now you realize that junk food isn’t necessarily what you should eat when you wish to help your moods get better. Go with these hints instead!
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to vegan coconut lentil soup recipe. You can cook vegan coconut lentil soup using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Vegan coconut lentil soup:
- You need of medium onion.
- Take of minced garlic.
- Take of piece ginger.
- You need of curry powder.
- Prepare of red curry powder.
- Get of cayenne pepper.
- Use of can unsweetened coconut milk.
- You need of red lentils.
- Take of unsweetened shredded coconut.
- Get of unsweetened shredded coconut.
- You need of can crushed tomatoes.
- You need of non-dairy Yogurt (for serving; optional).
- Provide of sea salt (optional to taste).
Instructions to make Vegan coconut lentil soup:
- Chop onion, mince garlic, and peel and chop ginger..
- Add 2 tbsp of olive oil to large sauce pan on med heat. Add chopped onions and cook til translucent (about 6-8 min)..
- Add garlic and ginger, stirring often (about 4-5 min)..
- Add both curry powders and stir until begins to stick to bottom (about 1 min)..
- Add coconut milk, shredded coconut, red lentils, 1 tbsp salt and 5 cups of water. Break up spices by stirring often. Bring water to boil water and then reduce heat to simmer and cook til soup starts to thicken (about 20-25 min)..
- While soup is simmering, squeeze thawed spinach to release excess water. Chop spinach finely on cutting board..
- Towards end of simmering (about 5 min left), add crushed tomatoes and chopped spinach. Season to taste w/ sea salt and serve with 1 scoop of non-dairy yogurt..
When the the vegetables and the lentils are tender, either transfer the soup into a blender or use an immersion blender. This light vegetarian soup is enriched with creamy coconut milk and packed with nutritious ingredients like ginger, spinach and limes. This one-pot red lentil soup gets rich and creamy flavors from coconut milk and it is packed with spices. It is a filling weeknight vegan meal. You'll definitely want to eat the leftovers of this red lentil.
If you find this Vegan coconut lentil soup recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.