Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Peaches and Cream Strudel recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Peaches and Cream Strudel recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Peaches and Cream Strudel recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Green Living In The Cooking area Could save you Money.
Remember when the only people who cared about the natural environment were tree huggers and hippies? That’s a thing of the past now, with everyone being aware of the problems besetting the planet and the shared obligation we have for turning things around. According to the industry experts, to clean up the surroundings we are all going to have to make some changes. These types of adjustments need to start occurring, and each individual family needs to become more environmentally friendly. Here are a few tips that can help you save energy, primarily by making your kitchen more green.
A lot of energy is definitely wasted when fridges and freezers, both heavy users of electricity anyway, are not working efficiently. In case you can get a new one, they use about 60% less than the old ones that are more than ten years old. The right temperature settings for your fridge and freezer, whereby you’ll be saving energy and optimising the preservation of food, is 37F and 0F. An additional way to save electricity is to keep the condenser clean, due to the fact that the motor won’t have to run as often.
The kitchen on its own offers you many small methods by which energy and money can be saved. It is pretty straightforward to live green, of course. It’s related to being sensible, usually.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to peaches and cream strudel recipe. You can cook peaches and cream strudel using 9 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Peaches and Cream Strudel:
- Take 2 of medium peaches.
- Provide 1/4 cup of + 3 tbsp. sugar, divided.
- Get 6 oz. of cream cheese, softened to room temperature.
- Use 1 tsp. of vanilla extract.
- Provide 1 of large egg + 1 large egg yolk, at room temperature, divided.
- Use 1 sheet of puff pastry, thawed.
- Prepare of Cinnamon Sugar, for topping.
- Take of Confectioners Sugar, for topping.
- You need of Sliced Almonds, for topping.
Instructions to make Peaches and Cream Strudel:
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set it aside..
- Begin by chopping up the peaches and placing them in a medium saucepan. You can peel them first of you'd like, we didn't. To the saucepan, stir in 3 tbsp of sugar and turn the heat to medium. Cook for just 3-5 minutes, until the sugar has dissolved and the peaches have softened slightly. Remove from heat and drain any excess fluid. Set aside..
- Make the cream cheese filling by placing the cream cheese and sugar in a medium bowl and mixing together using a hand mixer. Then mix in the 1/4 cup sugar, vanilla extract and egg yolk. Once combined, set this aside..
- On a lightly floured surface, place the puff pastry sheet and sprinkle flour lightly over the top of it as well. Roll it out into a rectangle that's roughly 12×14 in shape. Using a pizza cutter or pizza scissors, start cutting slits into both sides of the puff pastry. They should go diagonally up starting at the bottom of each side and each should be about 1 inch thick. They should go about 1/3 of the way towards the center, as you want plenty of room in the center for the filling..
- Place four more small slits (2 at the bottom and 2 at the top) just straight up roughly on the edges of where the center is. Spoon the cream cheese mixture down the center of the puff pastry and spread it out evenly, leaving an inch or so of space at each end. Then spoon the peaches over the top of the cream cheese..
- Fold the bottom piece up and over onto the top of the peach mixture to help deal the bottom, then begin at one end of the bottom diagonal slits and fold each strip diagonally over the peach mixture. Alternate sides to give it a braided look. Before doing the last two, fold the top piece up and over to deal the other end, then lay the last two diagonal pieces over it..
- Beat the remaining egg in a small bowl and use a pastry brush to brush the egg wash over the top of the pastry. Then lightly sprinkle the top with cinnamon sugar..
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until the pastry is golden brown. Once it's done, allow it to cook for 5 or so minutes, then dust with confectioners sugar and top with sliced almonds if you'd like..
- Slice into pieces and serve. Refrigerate any leftovers. To reheat leftovers, place in a 350°F oven for just 5 or so minutes, so it will be warm and crispy..
If you find this Peaches and Cream Strudel recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.