Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, if you’re looking for Peaches and Cream Strudel recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Peaches and Cream Strudel recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Peaches and Cream Strudel recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Green Living In The Kitchen Could save you Cash.
Remember when the only people who cared about the ecosystem were tree huggers along with hippies? That’s a thing of the past now, with all people being aware of the problems besetting the planet and also the shared burden we have for turning things around. Unless everyone begins to start living a lot more eco-friendly we won’t be able to correct the problems of the environment. This must happen soon and living in methods more friendly to the environment should become a mission for every individual family. Keep reading for some ways to go green and save energy, mainly in the kitchen.
Begin with exchanging the lights. This will go outside of the kitchen, but that is okay. The typical light bulbs are the incandescent type, which should be replaced with compact fluorescent lightbulbs, which save energy. These bulbs are usually energy-efficient which means electricity consumption is definitely lower, and, although they cost a bit more to buy, will outlast an incandescent light ten times over. Utilizing these types of longer-lasting lightbulbs has the particular benefit that many fewer lightbulbs make it into landfills. Coupled with different light bulbs, you have to learn to leave the lights off whenever they are not needed. In the kitchen is where you’ll frequently come across members of a family, and often the lights usually are not turned off until the last person goes to bed. This additionally happens in the rest of the house, but we’re trying to save money in the kitchen. Try keeping the lights off unless you absolutely need them, and see just how much electricity you can save.
From the above it ought to be apparent that just in the kitchen, by itself, there are numerous little opportunities for saving energy and money. Eco-friendly living is not that tough. Typically, all it will take is a little common sense.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to peaches and cream strudel recipe. To make peaches and cream strudel you need 9 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Peaches and Cream Strudel:
- Take of medium peaches.
- Use of + 3 tbsp. sugar, divided.
- Get of cream cheese, softened to room temperature.
- Get of vanilla extract.
- Use of large egg + 1 large egg yolk, at room temperature, divided.
- Get of puff pastry, thawed.
- You need of Cinnamon Sugar, for topping.
- You need of Confectioners Sugar, for topping.
- Provide of Sliced Almonds, for topping.
Steps to make Peaches and Cream Strudel:
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set it aside..
- Begin by chopping up the peaches and placing them in a medium saucepan. You can peel them first of you'd like, we didn't. To the saucepan, stir in 3 tbsp of sugar and turn the heat to medium. Cook for just 3-5 minutes, until the sugar has dissolved and the peaches have softened slightly. Remove from heat and drain any excess fluid. Set aside..
- Make the cream cheese filling by placing the cream cheese and sugar in a medium bowl and mixing together using a hand mixer. Then mix in the 1/4 cup sugar, vanilla extract and egg yolk. Once combined, set this aside..
- On a lightly floured surface, place the puff pastry sheet and sprinkle flour lightly over the top of it as well. Roll it out into a rectangle that's roughly 12×14 in shape. Using a pizza cutter or pizza scissors, start cutting slits into both sides of the puff pastry. They should go diagonally up starting at the bottom of each side and each should be about 1 inch thick. They should go about 1/3 of the way towards the center, as you want plenty of room in the center for the filling..
- Place four more small slits (2 at the bottom and 2 at the top) just straight up roughly on the edges of where the center is. Spoon the cream cheese mixture down the center of the puff pastry and spread it out evenly, leaving an inch or so of space at each end. Then spoon the peaches over the top of the cream cheese..
- Fold the bottom piece up and over onto the top of the peach mixture to help deal the bottom, then begin at one end of the bottom diagonal slits and fold each strip diagonally over the peach mixture. Alternate sides to give it a braided look. Before doing the last two, fold the top piece up and over to deal the other end, then lay the last two diagonal pieces over it..
- Beat the remaining egg in a small bowl and use a pastry brush to brush the egg wash over the top of the pastry. Then lightly sprinkle the top with cinnamon sugar..
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until the pastry is golden brown. Once it's done, allow it to cook for 5 or so minutes, then dust with confectioners sugar and top with sliced almonds if you'd like..
- Slice into pieces and serve. Refrigerate any leftovers. To reheat leftovers, place in a 350°F oven for just 5 or so minutes, so it will be warm and crispy..
If you find this Peaches and Cream Strudel recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.