Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Broccoli Cheddar Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Broccoli Cheddar Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Easy Ways to Get Healthy.
Everybody knows that in order to truly be healthy you need to eat a naturally healthy and balanced diet and get a proper workout regularly. The unfortunate thing is that, at the end of the day, we don’t always have the time or energy required for a healthy lifestyle. Working out at the gym isn’t something people decide to do when they get off from work. People crave sweets and salts, not veggies (unless they are vegetarians). You will be pleased to discover that becoming healthy doesn’t have to be hard. If you keep going with it, you’ll get all of the required foods and activites. Here are some simple ways to get healthful.
When you go to the grocery store, be smart about it. Making good decisions when shopping for food means that you’ll be able to eat nutritious meals without a lot of effort. Think for a second: you don’t want to go to a stressful grocery store or sit in a lengthy line at the drive thru at the end of your day. You’re going to go home and use what you have on hand. Fill your cabinets with nutritious foods. In this way, even when you choose that you want something greasy or not super nutritous, you will still be choosing items that are healthier for you than you would probably choose while running into a store or fast food restaurant.
There are a lot of things that contribute to your getting healthy. Not all of them demand fancy gym memberships or restricted diets. Little things, when done every day, can do plenty to enable you to get healthy and lose pounds. Being intelligent when you choose your food and routines is where it begins. Getting as much physical exercise as possible is another factor. Don’t forget that health isn’t only about how much you weigh. You want your body to be strong too.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to broccoli cheddar soup recipe. You can cook broccoli cheddar soup using 13 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make Broccoli Cheddar Soup:
- Prepare 1 of large onion, roughly chopped.
- Get 3 cloves of garlic,minced.
- Get 2 of carrots, diced to the size of your liking.
- Use 4 tbsp of butter.
- You need 1/4 cup of flour.
- Provide 1 of bay leaf.
- Use 2 cups of half and half.
- Prepare 3-4 cups of chicken stock*.
- Take 6-7 heads of broccoli crowns.
- Take 3-4 cups of sharp cheddar cheese.
- You need of salt.
- You need of pepper.
- Provide 4 oz of cream cheese.
Steps to make Broccoli Cheddar Soup:
- Melt butter in a large, heavy duty saucepan..
- Sauté onion and carrot on medium heat for 5-8 minutes. Sweating them down. Add minced garlic..
- Add flour. Stir flour into veggies. Turn heat down if browning too fast. You want to be able to cook the flour for about 5minutes..
- Add half and half..
- Add chicken stock. *If you like your soup thin, add all 4 cups. If you like a thicker soup,just add 3 cups..
- Add bay leaf..
- This is where I add my salt and pepper. I start out with 1tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper. You can adjust to your preference..
- Bring soup up to a gentle boil, medium-high heat..let simmer for 10 minutes..
- At this point, I use my immersion blender. I've got kids that would die if they knew onions were in this. This way, you dont sacrifice flavor over the tastes of picky eaters..
- I threw about 1/2 tsp salt in and dumped my broccoli in. My broccoli was mostly florets,but I also left a head, with more stalks…for texture. Completely up to you…
- I lightly simmered, for 20 minutes. Or until your broccoli is tender..
- Remove bay leaf..
- Once you have tender broccoli, remove a couple cups of broccoli to a bowl. I used the immersion blender again, in the soup..
- Return the chunks of broccoli to the soup..
- Add cream cheese and cheddar cheese..
- Stir all that yummy cheese until it melts into the soup. 😆.
- Ladle up and enjoy!! I served this in bread bowls. Delicious!.
Stir in broccoli, carrots, and celery. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to low. Add milk and bring to a simmer, then stir in cheddar. Healthy broccoli cheddar soup packed with carrots, broccoli, garlic, and cheese. Creamy comfort in a bowl with tender broccoli, Cheddar cheese, and SO MUCH FLAVOUR!
If you find this Broccoli Cheddar Soup recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.