Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Slow Cooker Stuffed Bell Peppers with Quinoa, Black Beans, and Corn recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Slow Cooker Stuffed Bell Peppers with Quinoa, Black Beans, and Corn recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Basics of Being Healthy.
You already know that, to achieve true health, your diet needs to be well balanced and nutritious and you need to get a good amount of exercise. Unfortunately, we do not always have the time or the energy that this type of lifestyle involves. When our work day is finished, most people do not prefer to go to the gym. We want a tasty, greasy burger, not an equally tasty salad (unless we’re vegetarians). The good news is that making healthy decisions doesn’t have to be irritating. With practice you can get all of the nutrients and the physical exercise that you need. Here are some simple ways to get healthful.
Water is the very best drinks out there. Drinking a soda or cup of coffee once in awhile won’t hurt you too badly. Using them for your lone source of hydration, on the other hand, is dumb. Having water instead of other kinds of drinks is a good way to help your body in its health and hydration. You’re also cutting hundreds of calories from your diet— without having to be forced to eat terrible tasting diet food. Effective weight loss efforts often depend exclusively on water consumption.
There are a good deal of things that work toward your getting healthy. Intensive gym visits and narrowly defined diets are not always the solution. It is the little things you choose on a daily basis that really help you with weight loss and becoming healthy. Being intelligent about the selections you make each day is a start. Trying to get in as much physical activity as possible is another. Remember: being healthy isn’t just about losing weight. You need your body to be powerful too.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to slow cooker stuffed bell peppers with quinoa, black beans, and corn recipe. You can have slow cooker stuffed bell peppers with quinoa, black beans, and corn using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook Slow Cooker Stuffed Bell Peppers with Quinoa, Black Beans, and Corn:
- Provide 4 of red, orange, green or yellow bell peppers.
- Prepare 1 cup of chopped onion.
- Get 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Get 1 tbsp of minced garlic.
- Use 1 cup of cooked quinoa.
- Get 15 oz of can black beans, rinsed.
- Prepare 1 of roma tomato, seeded & diced.
- Get 1 cup of corn (frozen or freshly cut from the cob).
- Provide 4 oz of can diced green chiles (with liquid).
- Get 2 tbsp of minced dry or fresh cilantro.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cumin.
- Use 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/4 tsp of pepper.
- Get 1 1/2 cup of shredded sharp cheddar cheese (Monterrey Jack).
- Provide 1 cup of salsa.
- Provide 28 oz of can or homemade enchilada sauce.
Instructions to make Slow Cooker Stuffed Bell Peppers with Quinoa, Black Beans, and Corn:
- Trim a 1/2 inch from the top of each pepper. Discard the seeds and core. Remove the stem from the pepper tops and then finely chop the pepper tops. Add the chopped pepper tops, onion, and olive oil to a small saute pan and cook over medium heat until the peppers are soft and the onions are translucent, about 6 minutes. Add the minced garlic the last minute of cooking and cook until fragrant..
- In a large bowl combine the cooked vegetable mixture, 1 cup of the cheese, black beans, quinoa, corn, salsa, half of the cilanto, and spices. Stir well to combine. Pack the filling evenly into each bell pepper. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/350354-how-to-cook-quinoa.
- Pour enchilada sauce in the bottom of the slow cooker and place each pepper standing up in the bottom. Cover and cook until the peppers are tender, 3 to 4 hours on low depending on how crisp you like your peppers..
- Sprinkle the rest of the cheese evenly over the peppers, put the lid back on and cook until the cheese melts, about 5 minutes. Remove the peppers from the slow cooker and place on a serving dish. Drizzle with enchilada sauce from the pan and sprinkle with remaining chopped cilantro and extra cheese if desired..
If you find this Slow Cooker Stuffed Bell Peppers with Quinoa, Black Beans, and Corn recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.