Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Candied Sweet Potatoes recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Candied Sweet Potatoes recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Candied Sweet Potatoes recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Easy Ways to Get Healthy.
You already know that, to achieve true health, your diet needs to be well balanced and wholesome and you need to get a good amount of exercise. The is that, at the end of the day, we don’t always have the time or energy required for a healthy lifestyle. Going to the gym isn’t something people make time for when they get off from work. People crave salty and sweet, not veggies (unless they are vegetarians). You will be delighted to discover that getting healthy doesn’t have to be hard. If you are persistent you’ll get all of the activity and healthy food choices you need. Here are some tips to be as healthful as possible.
Walk up the stairs. Walk up the stairs to where you live or work instead of using the elevator. While this will be hard to do if you live on or if your job is on a extremely high level floor in a skyscraper, taking the stairs to a home or office on, say, the fifth floor is completely do-able. If you do work on a extremely high floor, why not get off the elevator a couple of floors earlier and walk the rest of the way? So many people pick the elevator over hiking even a single flight of stairs. Even just a individual flight of stairs, when walked up or down a few times a day–can be a great boost to your system.
There are all kinds of things that you can do to get wholesome. Not all of them necessitate fancy gym memberships or restrained diets. It is the little things you choose day after day that really help you with weight loss and getting healthy. Being smart about the decisions you make each day is a start. A suitable amount of physical activity each day is also necessary. The numbers on the scale aren’t the only indication of your healthfulness. It has more to do with making your body as powerful as it can be.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to candied sweet potatoes recipe. You can have candied sweet potatoes using 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to cook Candied Sweet Potatoes:
- You need 5 of medium sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced into 1/2" rounds.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of salt.
- Take 1/2 cup (1 stick) of unsalted butter, sliced in half.
- Use 1 cup of brown sugar.
- Provide 1/4 cup of pure maple syrup.
- Use 2 tbsp of water.
- Provide 3/4 tsp. of ground cinnamon.
- Use 1/2 tsp. of ground nutmeg.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp. of ground ginger.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of vanilla extract.
Instructions to make Candied Sweet Potatoes:
- Place the sliced potatoes into a greased 9×13" baking pan and sprinkle the salt over them. Toss to coat and preheat the oven to 375°F. In a small saucepan, place the remaining ingredients except for the vanilla over medium-high heat and stir until the butter has melted and its come to a low boil..
- Let it boil, undisturbed, for 2 minutes, then remove it from the heat, stir in the vanilla and pour it evenly over the potatoes. Give them a toss, then place them into the oven for a total time of 1 hour. After the first 20 minutes, take them out, give them a stir and cover the pan with foil for the remaining baking time. Take them out to stir again at the 40 minute mark..
- Once the hour is up, the potatoes should be very tender. The sauce will seem very thin, but will thicken as they cool. Let them cool uncovered for 10 or so minutes, then serve..
Sweet potatoes on the holidays are a staple side dish. These candied ones are simple to make and divine. They're filled with butter, sugar, and spice. By cooking in the cast iron, the potatoes are tender. These Southern Candied Sweet Potatoes are covered in delicious syrupy goodness and will melt in your mouth with each and every bite.
If you find this Candied Sweet Potatoes recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.