Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Red Beans and Rice recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Red Beans and Rice recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Red Beans and Rice recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Foods That Make You Happy.
Most of us believe that comfort foods are not good for us and that we need to avoid them. Sometimes, if your comfort food is basically candy or other junk foods, this can be true. Other times, comfort foods can be utterly nutritious and good for us to consume. A number of foods really do improve your mood when you consume them. If you are feeling a little bit down and you’re in need of a happiness pick me up, try some of these.
Some grains are really great for fighting off bad moods. Teff, barley, millet, quinoa, etc are all good for helping you be in a happier state of mind. These grains fill you up better and that can help improve your moods as well. It’s not difficult to feel depressed when you feel hungry! The reason these grains can improve your mood is that they are not hard for your body to digest. They are simpler to digest than other foods which helps bring up your blood sugar levels and that, in turn, improves your mood.
So you see, you don’t need to eat junk food or foods that are bad for you to feel better! Try a few of these hints instead.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to red beans and rice recipe. To make red beans and rice you need 11 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Red Beans and Rice:
- Provide 2 lb of red beans.
- Prepare 1 of onion.
- Use 3 of toes of garlic.
- Get 1 lb of pickled meat.
- Use 1 tbls of parsley.
- Use 1 lb of cut up smoked sausage.
- Take 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- Get 1 cup of chopped celery.
- Use 2 of bay leaves.
- Take to taste of Salt.
- You need to taste of Pepper.
Instructions to make Red Beans and Rice:
- Sort through beans to remove any bad ones or pebbles. Rinse beans a couple of times..
- Soak beans overnight in enough cold water to cover them by a few inches (picture is of after a night of soaking).
- Strain beans add to pot with enough cold water to cover by three inches.
- Add chopped onion, garlic, celery, salt, pepper, baking soda, parsley and bay leaves.
- Put on low/medium fire bring to a boil and simmer.
- Brown cut up sausage in a frying pan then add to the pot of beans.
- Add pickled meat.
- Cook on low stirring occasionally. Do not tightly cover.
- Cook for three and a half hours or until beans are cooked.
- Smash some beans against the side of the pot to make it creamier.
If you find this Red Beans and Rice recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.