Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Western Style Lentil Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Western Style Lentil Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Foods That Can Make You Happy.
Mostly, people have been conditioned to believe that “comfort” foods are not good for the body and must be avoided. However, if your comfort food is candy or junk food this is true. Other times, however, comfort foods can be altogether nutritious and it’s good for you to consume them. There are a number of foods that actually can raise your moods when you eat them. If you are feeling a little bit down and need a happiness pick me up, try a few of these.
Green tea is truly great for your mood. You just knew green tea had to be in this article somewhere, right? Green tea is high in a particular amino acid referred to as L-theanine. Studies prove that this particular amino acid can basically stimulate brain waves. This helps raise your mental focus while relaxing the rest of your body. You knew that green tea helps you feel better. Now you know that green tea can elevate your mood also!
As you can see, you don’t have to turn to junk food or foods that are not good for you to feel better! Try some of these instead!
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to western style lentil soup recipe. To cook western style lentil soup you only need 13 ingredients and 28 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to cook Western Style Lentil Soup:
- Provide of Bay leaves.
- Take of Lentils (orange and green).
- Get of Corn.
- Provide of Lemon (cut in half).
- Use of Potato.
- Get of Carrot.
- Use of tomato.
- Prepare of yellow capsicum/bell pepper.
- Use of Ginger.
- Use of Olive oil.
- You need of Chopped garlic.
- Use of Brown sugar.
- Provide of basil herbs.
Instructions to make Western Style Lentil Soup:
- Boil water for the soup base.
- Chop the vegetables (potato, carrot, capsicum) and chop the garlic.
- Cut tomatoes removing the seeds and the jelly.
- Break the bay leaves in half and put them into the hot water (turn off the heat) and put lid on.
- Cut 2 pieces of ginger.
- Pan fry the ginger with olive oil.
- After moving it around in the pan for a bit, remove get rid of the ginger.
- Pan fry the chopped garlic.
- Stir fry the potatoes and carrots.
- Add yellow bell peppers to the mix.
- Sprinkle a bit of black pepper and salt.
- Add the tomatoes last to the stir fry.
- Sprinkle a bit of brown sugar.
- Add water (room temperature) to the mix just enough to cover the ingredients in the pan.
- Add basil herbs.
- Let it boil.
- Add lentils to the pot of boiled water.
- Add the cooked vegetables into the pot.
- Cook with lid slightly opened.
- Note: time taken to cook lentil soup depends on how much ingredients you have and how big of a pot.
- This recipe will take 30-45minutes to cook in the pot.
- The way to check if it's ready or not is to see if the potatoes and carrots are soft already.
- Add corn into the pot.
- After adding the corn, taste the soup.
- Add 1tsp of soy sauce.
- Add 1/2 tsp of vinegar.
- Add extra salt and brown sugar as you wish.
- Lastly, add a bit of lemon juice.
Just omit the yogurt element at the end. In fact, if you are looking for a similar recipe, check out my vegan split pea soup you'll love it to bits. Nonetheless, enjoy making this vegan Lebanese lentil soup recipe and don't be shy to. Stir in water or broth and scrape any spices that stuck to the pan. The German lentil soup is a classic among all German soups.
If you find this Western Style Lentil Soup recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.
Originally posted 2021-07-23 22:50:56.